Monday, September 6, 2010

Rag Quilt

Hello! So apart from all the sickness that has ravaged our household in the last week or so this is what i have been upto...my very first Rag Quilt! It is made out of Quilters Flannel and is to be a gift for a special baby boy who is due the end of Dec 2010! Yes im a bit ahead of myself but once i had all the fabric i was itching to see what it looked like all sewn up! So here it is, hopefully when this little one arrives he is as pleased with it as what i am (oh and his mum too!) :D
Hanging on the line after being washed (the first wash is essential as it gives the flannel its frayed look)
All dry and folded up!

x Sharelle

7 comments:

Bec R said...

Oooh I am so spoiled :-) Can't wait to use it!! Looks fantastic!

Emma said...

Its turned out great Sharelle! You've so inspired me, went to have a look at spotlight's flannel today.... :)

Bec R said...

PS. I think you should do a tutorial for these quilts Sharelle, such a great way to whip up a quilt!

Emma said...

ooh yes, so agree Bec!

breukelman said...

Hello Girls - I'm Henrietta's mom and I just love your blog. It is so neat what you girls are doing - inspirational for other moms. Keep it up - we love it!!!!!!
Greetings to you all and Love to Henrietta!
Love MOM

the tenhaafs said...

Love the quilt sharelle:) can't wait to make one for my sisters that are having babys:)

Emma said...

Sharelle, a parcel of flannel arrived on my doorstep this morning... I may need a bit of guidance to build it into a blanket!! :)