Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cot Quilt for baby

I whipped up this cot quilt top last week for our impending arrival using the space fabric I had purchased earlier and mixed it up with some nice bright prints and some lemon flanelette in the centre and on the backing for the extra snuggle factor!

The idea came from the tutorial here although I made it a fair bit bigger. I intend to applique the baby's name like they did and even though we have already decided on one I will wait until he is here and add it on last.

Next up is to do some quilting! Just straight lines this time - nice and easy :-)

We have another Handmade Rainbow craft night planned for this Friday so stay tuned for some more happenings on the blog!

Bec

2 comments:

Emma said...

Fancy that Bec, blogging at the same time!
Love the bright colours on your quilt.. too bad you're not sharing the name, leave us in suspense for a bit longer! ;)

the tenhaafs said...

very cute bec, cant wait to have a look at it:)