Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Pyjamas!

Its fastly approaching winter in our neck of the woods (south of Western Australia) and with winter comes the need for warmer clothes, pajamas in particular! Today I sewed my eldest (3yr old boy) a pair of Pajama pants :) We made a special trip to spotlight this morning and he picked out the fabric he wanted, Lightning McQueen flanelette it was! I didnt use a tutorial or pattern for these, just traced onto baking paper the outline of a pair of pants he fitted, and then used my basic knowledge for sewing clothes! After our trip to spotlight we raced into Target and picked up a plain long sleeve Tee Shirt to match (im not game enough to sew that aswell!) at home I was digging around in my sewing box and I found a little lightning mcqueen transfer so I also sewed that onto the shirt to match. Master 3 was very happy with the finished product, so much so that he has worn them since 3:00 this arvo and refuses to take them off...so long as he wants to take them off tomorrow morning to get dressed for Church im not bothered :)
Finished product...

Trying to give Mum the thumbs up...LOL!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

They are so cool Sharelle. Yes, the cold nights are definantly here. Love the thumbs up. I loved all your table runners, I have just completed one for my own table. Must be the season for table runners.

Emma said...

Cool Sharelle I bet he loves them! :)

the tenhaafs said...

so cute sharelle you can see he just loves them!!

Bec R said...

Well done Sharelle, they look great - and sure beats paying through the nose for the licensed ones!