Monday, October 4, 2010

Craft Night # 2

We held our second craft night this past Friday night - my turn to host this time :-) We all managed to get a little bit done between yacking, eating and drinking (tea of course!) so that's always a good thing.

Sharelle sewed up a cute appliqued soft block for her little one, Henrietta was working on a gorgeous bag for her sister, Emma was making some great progress on her crochet dolls and I sewed together a flanelette baby doll for Izzy.

I thought I would share a recipe too of what we indulged on - a delicious lemon slice the recipe of which is courtesy of my sister-in-law Brenda. The photo is not my own because I forgot to take one but it looks fairly similar.

LEMON SQUARES

Base:
1 cup Butter
2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar

Combine and press into a slice pan, bake at 180 degrees (160 fan forced) for 15 minutes

Meanwhile for the top, combine with a fork:
2 cups of Sugar (I didn't say it was healthy!!!)
1/4 cup of Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
4 Eggs
1/4 cup of Lemon Juice

Spread over baked base and bake at 180 degrees (160 fan forced) for 25 minutes or until lightly toasted on top.

Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares when cooled (if you can wait that long!!)

Bec

1 comment:

Emma said...

Im going to make this, it was really yum. Been given a load of eggs so what better way to use a few!