Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update from Henrietta

Hello Again yes I am still here I just forget to take pics of my finished projects and when I think about it again I have already given it away! This one is special thou I really wanted to make my own baptism blanket for bubs number 3! I asked Emma to teach my so we came up with this pattern and she should me how to do the middle! I enjoyed it very much and did it almost every evening until the middle was big enough! Now for the border I went back to Emma and we were trying to figure out how do it becasue as you know she is left handed,, while I am right handed,, so for her to teach me would of been very difficult. So the friend that she is she offered to finish it off!! And what a beautiful job she did! I absolutely loved it and just had to share with you all! If the bubs is a boy we can put some blue ribbon in the border and a girl some pink ribbon! so happy that its done and thanx again so much Emma! I can't wait until my next project just waiting for my sis in Canada to have her bubs! then I can start on something for her! I am also sewing another blanket for my sister in canada and my friend Sharelle is helping me make some receiving blankets for bubs!!! So I have been very spoiled lately! Thanx Sharelle!!!!!!!! Until next time!!!! Henrietta


The border that Emma did to finish the blanket! Sorry I am not as organized as the other ladies and don't know where we got the pattern or the border from!!! sorry


The finished product!!!! Just love it!

**********************************


Emma here, just editing to add a link to the patterns for Jodi. The bulk was crocheted in V-stitch which you can find a pattern to here, then it was finished with the border from this pattern. So a bit of a mish mash of two patterns! Hope that helps.

5 comments:

breukelman said...

Gorgeous blanket Hen - if you can crotchet the inside, you sure could do the outside too, I know it. Lovely anyway Hen.\
\Love from mom

Hartyboys said...

Hi girls
Just thought I would let you know that I have past on the Liebster award to you.
You can read about it here
http://hartyboys.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog.html
Cheers
Sandra

Emma said...

Aww, you're right Mr Breukelman, She is clever enough to have done the border!! But so glad I was able to share this project with you Hen! ;)

Bec R said...

Gorgeous, not long now til there will be a beautiful bubby wrapped in it :-)

Jodi E said...

If you happen to remember the pattern name or where it is from, do pass it on. This looks like the perfect pattern for an upcoming project!
Yours is beautiful...